Armagh Rural Transport
ART is committed to improve the quality of life through the provision of affordable, flexible and accessible transport to our members.
|Contact Name||Julie Jordan|
|Address||Armagh Business Centre
Office Suite 1
2 Loughgall Road
|Telephone||028 3751 8151|
|Text phone||028 3751 8151|
|Operational Area||ART provide accessible, affordable and flexible transportation across the rural areas of Armagh. Please refer to our operational map.|
Who is Armagh Rural Transport (ART)?
Armagh Rural Transport has been operating since March 2000 and is a not-for-Profit Company Limited by Guarantee and a Charity organisation. ART is made up of a Management Committee and 5 Directors who are appointed for the overall responsibility of the Company. They also have 10 staff members and volunteers who ensure Members transportation is addressed.
- Community Focused - for individuals and groups who meet our criteria we are committed to providing suitable transport to groups and individuals in Armagh rural community.
- Professionalism & Dependable - Our staff and volunteers are committed to delivering a service to the highest possible standard.
- Inclusive - ART is committed to deliver a fully inclusive service.
- Caring, Courteous and friendly; - we are committed to the provision of high quality caring, courteous and friendly service.
- Volunteering - to promote, recognise and value the contribution of our volunteers ART are core funded by the Department of Regional Development, through the Rural Transport Fund.
What transport services are available?
Armagh Rural Transport provides a range of transport service options tailored to suit individual and group travel requirements:
- For individuals there are the Dial a Lift and Social Car schemes providing door to door travel, either in ART minibuses or by car with vetted volunteers.
- For groups, our 16 seater minibuses are available for hire either with an ART driver or on a hire without driver. Please note that all drivers must hold a valid Midas certificate and be registered with Armagh Rural Transport.
How to access ART services:
In order to use ART you will need to register as a member. Joining ART is easy – just contact the office and our staff will be happy to talk you through the registration process. Membership to ART is £7 per annum for individuals and £30 per annum for groups.
Once you have signed up as a member, simply contact the office to book your transport giving as much notice as possible. We will do our very best to have a vehicle available for you.
How much does it cost to travel?
Members with valid Smart Passes can travel for free or half fare on Dial a Lift services through the Assisted Rural Travel Scheme (ARTS) pilot in operation until March 2015. Other services – for individuals and groups – are priced affordably.
ART provides a range of approved and accredited transport training programmes to member groups and individuals, including;
- Midas Driver
- Passenger Assistance
- Midas Car & MPV
Social Car Scheme:
The Social Car Scheme is available to individual members who live within Rural Armagh and who have no access to transport. Volunteer Drivers use their own cars to provide door-to-door transport for members to access shopping, health appointments, visiting family and friends, social activities, hairdressers, etc. This service is provided by Volunteers. If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer, please contact us on 028 37 518151.
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
ART has a rolling volunteer recruitment programme with a range of opportunities and positions within the organisation. We welcome all enquiries from individuals interested in becoming volunteers.
Positions currently open include;
- Committee member
- Office Administrator
- Minibus driver
- Social Car Driver
- Passenger Assistant